So You Have Signed A Contract To Sell Your Home – What Comes Next?
I am pleased that you have chosen me to sell your home, so please ask me any questions during the process.
Make sure that you ask me questions when you think of them.
The packing process is huge so perhaps consider boxing some things up that you don’t need and you know you are keeping.
The following is a short description of the selling process as outlined in my marketing plan.
- Professional pictures of your house – my photographer will call you direct to set up a time to photograph your home.
- Installation of sign and lockbox
- Now we will start the marketing process on your home.
- New to the Market– This comes out every Wednesday(Recorder and Times) and I will advertise you house, if an open house has been decided on, include this in the New to the Market ad.
- Sign on the property – this is important as people are now driving around in neighborhoods that they would like to live and looking for new listing before they hit the internet and papers.
- Advertising – I advertise in the Recorder and Times, which is a local paper.
On Realtor.ca the site allows for 30 pictures and I do take advantage of that number as well as updating the pictures as the seasons change or as you re-do, re-paint or stage a room.
The Internet does play a big role on the sale of your house and also for you to search for a house. There are many sites that you will find your listing and they are:
www.realtor.ca (which use to be mls.ca)
Did you know that besides realtor.ca that remax.ca/com is the second most visited website when it comes to real estate.
Most people are checking the Internet 3 or 4 times daily looking for a house and then will do a drive by. If they like what they see on the internet-Drive by, they will call their agent or listing agent to book a showing.
- Open Houses– At your request.
- Showings – I will be the one who calls you, to book a showing, whether I have had a call from a Buyer or an agent. I try to give you 24 hours notice if possible and then I will…
- Follow-up – I will also follow-up with agents who show the house to get their feed back about the showing and the results of the showing can be positive and negative. We will be most interested in any feedback on price, or perhaps things we need to adjust.