Choosing the Right Agent
Buying or selling a home is one of the most complex transactions you may ever undertake. Your first step involves deciding how you will approach your home search or sale. Who will you work with throughout this process, and how will you work with them?
As a Seller
When it comes to selling your home, hiring a real estate agent not only means less work, worry, and risk, it means hiring someone who is knowledgeable and well versed in all aspects of the real estate industry. You want someone who knows your neighbourhood, your community, and has the experience necessary to sell your home quickly and for the best price. Choosing to work with a Real Estate Professional means choosing someone who will help you with the following throughout the entire transaction:
- Determine the best asking price for your home.
- RE/MAX Agents are professionals who have access to the tools and technology they need to market your home to sell.
- Prepare your home for sale and recommend services to ensure your home is ready for showings.
- You will receive regular updates and information on the progress your agent is making in selling your home and any changes in the market that may affect the sale.
- Review offers with you and handle the negotiations with the buyers.
- Your agent will help on the closing date to ensure all important documents are signed and delivered on time.
What are the Risks of Selling Your Home Yourself?
If you decide to sell your home yourself, it is wise to know the risks you could run into. Take a look at the risks below and do your best to avoid them:
- Incorrect pricing that turns off potential buyers.
- Properly understand all legal matters disclosed in writing to protect your interest.
- Safety is a big issue when showing your home. You must plan ahead when it comes to showing your home, and take all potential threats into consideration.
- Have you been practicing your negotiations skills? Improper negotiations can lose you money or cause you to end up with unrealistic terms.
- Not being familiar with all aspects of the transaction including the inspection and financing.
- At the end of the day, the choice to hire a Real Estate Professional is yours to make. Keep in mind RE/MAX, we always have agents available who are will to answer your home buying and selling questions.